Saturday, July 07, 2007

a good belly laugh

forget "the secret"! i am watching channel 91, learning all about the reverend peter popoff's "new larger miracle spring water" that will completely heal me of all ailments and bring me lots of money. why would i try to think positive, or lead a Godly life if i can call 1-800-206-8909 for some free miracle spring water. except, i can't take it as soon as it arrives in the mail. i have to call peter popoff and wait for his instructions so that the "holy spirits" can first "stir" the water. it would be even better for me to attend one of the revivals where the rev. peter popoff could literally throw me on the ground and "heal" me immediately.
it gets better... apparently one woman's blood pressure was over 500mmHg consistently, but it is now "normal." what is not normal is that i have never even seen a blood pressure cuff that can even measure above 300mmHg. maybe they have those down in peter popoff's ICU...

what is fantastic, is that i have not laughed so hard in quite awhile. i almost fell off my chair. my belly hurts.

what is really scary is i have not made any of the above stuff up. this is actually being "advertised" on t.v. i truly hope that there are not too many vulnerable people being sucked into this marketing ploy being played off as christianity.

2 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

I saw a pastor yesterday offering blessed hankies. Serious.

Elise said...

Don't those commercials just make you cringe?! ugh. Where do these people come from???