Wednesday, December 31, 2008

i love my leatherman

i have found more uses for my leatherman knife. in addition to pruning trees and giving myself pedicures with it, i spent the weekend reupholstering an old chair. i used several parts of the knife to finish the job. it was just missing a sewing needle. maybe i should suggest it....

so here is my first attempt at upholstery...



before after

the chair was evidently old, as the stuffing is made from hay and cotton



i decided to keep this is as the stuffing, basically because i have no idea how to make new stuffing. i made patterns from the old pieces, cut some new ones, stapled them on with my new heavy duty stapler (after shooting staples all over the basement with the old, broken stapler), and then hand stitched the backing on. hopefully i will sit on it once in awhile! although every time i do, i feel like i should start cross stitching or something! kind of fun to actually do something productive with my time!

1 comment:

BevC said...

Great job! I love the pattern you chose for the fabric.

Any job leads?