Friday, March 09, 2007

a new washing machine

I recently procured a state of the art washing machine! As you can see from the photo it is extremely low maintenance, has no moving parts, and requires no gas or electricity to run! Talk about environmently friendly!

This machine will be going with me to Kenya where I will spend 2 1/2 years with CRWRC (Christian Reformed World Relief Committee). I have been accepted as an intern and will be working and learning about Community development with a health care focus. All I know thus far is that there are community based health promotion activities, and a program for orphans and vulnerable children. The grandiose plans I have in my head involve starting quilting bees, and starting a water filter program (have a head start on this as a college friend who is a water engineer already lives there and is interested in promoting this in the area).

I still don't know when I am leaving - more than 6 months though- as the visa process has not started, or exactly what I will be doing. I need to step out in faith and follow the call for my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are truly one of those amazing people in this world. May God bless you and keep you safe and healthy. I've been in touch with our 'host family' from Wassenaar recently. The boys sure have grown. Apparently Robert will retire next spring so they plan to come to Canada for a vacation. Looking forward to seeing them.
Take Care Alida!